I am afraid I don’t have a new recipe for you today. I have been in Brussels for work this week and am spending the weekend with my sister (who has been living in Brussels for years) catching up, doing a bit of shopping, going out and simply having a good time: waking up over coffee at this place:
and maybe eating one of these cupcakes at Lillycup in Chatelain:
Instead, I bring you a list of some delicious recipes I have bookmarked in case, you know, you are missing some inspiration.
1. After a week on the slopes, I feel the need to get back to more wholesome foods. Given my sweet tooth, a cookie or two will be needed though. These raw cookies should fit the bill. And, if you haven’t come across Oh Ladycakes yet, do stop by, it’s a gorgeous blog full of recipes I want to try.
2. In the spirit of wholesomeness, this date cake looks fantastic as well.
3. While researching recipes made with olive oil I came across this little beauty on one of my favourite new blogs, Butter me up Brooklyn.
4. Now that I am swimming in walnuts thanks to my mum, this walnut cake from NOMA’s Rene Redzepi sounds like something I should try.
5. While we are still in citrus season, this whole orange cake with olive oil and chocolate sounds right up my alley.
Have fun baking and let me know if you try any of these recipes!
My plans for the next few weeks involve a birthday cake for my mum, some chocolates for Valentine’s Day and a twist on the classic Paris Brest. Stay tuned.
One thought on “Inspiration from the Interwebs”